It’s time once more to make plans for a move to the capital, as the industry’s biggest show gets set to launch in London. Welcome to Packaging Innovations 2016…
London’s only packaging event, Packaging Innovations and Luxury Packaging London 2016, is set for a record year as it welcomes a host of leading industry suppliers, including Etiq’Etains, Schur Star Systems, James Cropper, Winter & Company, Aegg, Procos and Alexir Packaging. The show, which focuses on branded, inspirational and bespoke packaging, returns to London Olympia on 14th and 15th September 2016.
The exclusive two-day event will play host to The Dieline Conference London, the first of its kind outside of the US, which will deliver a series of sessions from both leading and emerging brands, as well as packaging suppliers and design agencies, to discuss the challenges and opportunities that arise when designing for a brand. The show also boasts an expanded show floor, enabling buyers to discover more innovative ways to improve the appearance of their products, reduce environmental impact or find the next digital technology to enhance their packaging.
Over 170 leading suppliers have signed up, many of whom will be using the show to introduce their new products, services and solutions to the UK market. For instance, API will debut its new brand enhancement creative service and holographic foils, KTEC Group will be presenting the LX500e Color Label Printer – its newest and most affordable desktop colour label and tag printer. It offers 2.5 times the print speed and even better print quality than its previous model. Other must-sees this year include:
- James Cropper, supplier of the paper for Luxury Packaging 2016’s invitations, will be at the show to present its first ever food contact-approved stock range of paper. The uncoated paper range, which is available in 12 eye-catching colours, is in response to growing demand for luxury papers within the food industry. The British master papermaker will also demonstrate its tailor-made capabilities and expertise in colour matching live on its stand.
- Vivid Laminating Technologies is set to debut the finishing effects achievable on its Matrix and Easymount systems and its Boss range of lamination film and special effect foils.
- Swedbrand will be presenting its next generation technology of bag-in-box wine, called Topflow. This new-patented technology enables the wine to be poured from the top of the bag.
- QuickLabel Systems will be exhibiting its full range of colour label printers for in-house, just-in-time, label production. These label printers allow manufacturers the freedom to print as few labels as they need, and escape the minimum order quantities of the commercial presses. This allows manufacturers the flexibility to trial new products, launch seasonal ranges and design bespoke own-brand produce.
- Royston Labels will be presenting its range of self-adhesive labels, which deliver a value-adding option to help make products stand out on shelf. Royston Labels employ a 100% digital inspection on all of the labels it produces, ensuring its products are consistent and can support the requirements of differing industries.
- If it is personalised packaging you are after, head to the JUNG Design stand. It will be showcasing its latest personalised gift wrapping and tissue paper, which will give customer’s products a classy and luxury look.
- According to Rawlings Black is the New Amber, with its new type of glass bottle, Black Glass. Its high-gloss finish not only increases shelf presence, but its UV light protection acts as a taste protector, extending the life of the bottle’s contents.
- Tinware Direct will be displaying its innovative, self-sealing tin, Pressitin, which has just been granted a European patent. Traditionally, cans are closed with a cumbersome seaming machine, that spins the can to bend the closing end over the tin. Pressitin allows this to be done by hand. It is also coated in a food safe lacquer, making it suitable for storing a range of dry food items.
- Tesa will be displaying its Lift & Reseal reclosure tape, which provides an effective reseal solution for produce with a short shelf life. It has been designed to efficiently close packs more than 20 times, allowing consumers to reseal film-based food packs for the product’s lifetime. The tape strip remains adhesive as the product is used and the pack reduces in size, retaining the quality and freshness of the food items and reducing food wastage.
In addition to The Dieline Conference London, the show will host The Starpack Awards, now in its 58th year, for the first time at the event across both days, and freshly rebranded The Beauty Forum will be returning along with The Drinks Symposium, The Great Innovation Debate, and The Innovation Wall.
The show will also feature an array of free-to-attend Learnshops, spanning the entire packaging market, delivered by a who’s who of international industry experts, including an opening interview with Mark Pawsey MP and Chair of the All Party Parliamentary Packaging Group and big names such as Harrods and Britvic.
Registration is now open for Packaging Innovations and Luxury Packaging London 2016.
T: +44 (0)20 8843 8800